In this episode, we discuss trade, war and China with Brendan Cooley. Brendan is a Senior Data Scientist at Big League Advance. He recently finished his Ph.D. in Politics at Princeton. In this wide-ranging discussion, we cover the different schools of international relations theory, building ideal trade policy, and just how likely a great power shooting war is in the 21st century. You can check out more of Brendan’s work at http://brendancooley.com/.
- William Williams, Tragedy of American Diplomacy
- Albert Hirschman, National Power and the Structure of Foreign Trade:
- Thomas Schelling, Strategy of Conflict
- A few good China shock papers:
- Congressional voting on China, trade and foreign policy
- The Wisconsin School